Friday, March 19, 2010

What a Busy Month!

This month has been reeeeeally busy, so busy that I have not even had time to blog (well, maybe I am stretching the truth a teeny tiny little bit, I just kept on putting it off). First of all I had better tell you about Toon Town. It's a computer game in which you create a little person (animal) who you can name, dress, buy stuff for, and defeat Cogs (which by the way are the bad guys trying to take over Toon Town.) Mine is named Candy Kane and she is a cream colored cat.

Next on the list of "Things to Blog about", comes Mini Barcelos. Mini Barcelos is the coolest (only) kids basketball team in town.



That lady in the background is one of the two teachers (see Lib, she almost never left her side).



Liberty shooting (or at least trying too).



Little Trin-Trin playing basketball, (I personally think that she played better than Liberty and Faith combined).



Faith, timidly (that was the first time I ever saw her do anything timidly) getting ready to shoot.



Bwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor me! I had been sick that day and had not gone to school. So I had to wait a whole week to play!!!!

Now we get on to the subject of the first official English Service. Last Saturday was the first one, it was in the church in Braga. We went, and when we got there we met the devastating sight of an almost empty church! Don't worry, after a few moments every one started coming. Surprisingly everyone spoke with a British accent, but no one sang with one!
Daddy preached on...



He told the story about when Jesus calmed the waves and the wind. It was really weird singing in English. Here are some pics.



That is Maicon ( I think that means Michael) asking Dad how to say, " I hope this will be a success" in English.



Luis tuning his violin.



Dad thinking of how to express Jesus' divinity so they would understand.



After the service, we went upstairs to fellowship.

Now I need to talk about Suuuuuuuper Chuuuuuuuuuuurch!!!!!!!! Translation - Super Church!!!!!!!!

It is sort of like a Children church (but I think it's better than that). Sometimes someone dresses up as a "Hero of the Bible", and tells his (or her) story, We have already had Isaiah and Ruth (Dad was Isaiah and Ms.Dawn was Ruth.) Here are the pictures.



There is a room in the back of the Church that is the "classroom", but we have to rotate it with the babies because the church is getting crowded.



There are helpers that sit over against the wall with the babies and keep them quiet (they have to print out about 100 coloring sheets).



Daddy, explaining things in a "kid like" manner.



In the end, we play games like,"Zonk,look above,or,"Toss the Hippo".

Last but certainly not least on my list comes...

Spring !!!!!!!!

I can not believe it!!! Spring is actually here, school is out in another week, we have been playing outside and riding my bike like crazy! Now all we need to do is Spring Cleaning, the worst part!



Well, how does that old saying go, "The grass always looks greener on the other side", now I want summer to hurry up and come!

Before I finish, I have one request, will you please pray for me? At the beginning of May, near the end of the year,there is going o be a big test for the fourth graders to see what they know. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous!!!!!!! Please pray that I will calm down enough to study!

Well, Ciao for now!


4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post and you can count on my prayers for you! You know you will do just fine on those tests, but that doesn't mean you don't need to study......

    I love you...you did good in basketball last night!!

    Now...lets go get some Spring cleaning done...giggle....

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma had to take the fun out by getting that spring cleaning started. I agree with her on the test... we all know you will do fine, how ever do study hard and show them how smart you are. I will remember your prayer request. Did you have fun at basketball practice last night and how did your sisters do?
    Yesterday was the first day of spring here, but that dosent mean the cold weather is gone. It wont get out of the 40's on Monday. But yesterday and today is beautiful. I keep praying for warm weather and NO RAIN at your house when I come to visit.
    This was a wonderful post! Keep up the good posting and keep us coming back for more of the wild and crazy world of ...

    THE ANDRZEJEWSKI FAMILY

    I love you Brooklyn and cant wait to see you all.
    Oh and one more thing... dont forget to bring the bag of cut up oranges to the airport. You might want to bring some napkins also.. giggle.

    I love you baby girl!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! And so "newsey". I lerned a lot and got to see such great pictures. You are an imaginative wrighter. I am glad you girls are getting to play basketball and I am so excited that you all have your own ball. I hope you get a goal soon.

    Keep up the good work. You are always on my prayer list but I will pray expecially for a calm spirit for studyin. Mom is exactly right, prayer is no substitute for study. God loves it when we work hard and apply the brain He gave us to learn about the awsome world He made for us. Love you BUNCHES.

    Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowee! Great post! I love reading all that you and your family have been busy with and found myself laughing out loud at your "side notes" such as "Translation - Super Church!!!!!!!!"

    I agree with your mom, you will do wonderful on your tests... I'm agreeing in prayer with you that all that you have learned and studied will be brought back into your remembrance.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (Oh...I meant to say also, I love how you sign off with "Ciao, for now" ...very catchy!

    ReplyDelete