About a month ago my teacher told us that there was going to be a spelling contest in between our school and our sister schools. We had one last year to but I still wasn't good enough to participate. This year (and I am not bragging) I am one of the best in the class at Portuguese and I also spell fast, so I was the only one in my class that participated. Yesterday was the contest. We went to the main school which is in Vila Cova and there were lots of other kids there. They decided to start with the fourth grade and I was the first one. I got so nervous I spelled the first two words (which were the easiest ones) wrong, and then I relaxed and spelled the hardest one right! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad with myself! Any way I came in fourth place.
Ciao for now!
Hey, that's pretty good for the first time! And just think how much more relaxed you'll be next year. Keep at it! BTW, I love your signature--it looks great!
ReplyDeleteHello Brooklyn,
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful. You are a very smart girl in English and in Portuguese. I love you.
Miss Sandy
Congrats! :) That's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteDon't be too hard on yourself, Brooklyn! :) Sounds like it was a GREAT opportunity and you will know what to expect next year.Love your NEW Background!
ReplyDelete~Heather Simpson
O quarto lugar não é mau!
ReplyDeleteWow! Great!
ReplyDeleteFourth place is wonderful! I would be in last for sure, even in English. :-(
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!
-FringeGirl
Brooklyn Im really proud of you! You are a special and smart young lady and Im so glad your my grand-daughter! I would have miss spelled all the words!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work and next year I think you will be 1st place.
Love you, Mimi
Oh and by the way I like the new back ground!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Brooklyn! I would be the same way, I get really nervous in front of people. Charis is doing pretty well in spelling... we try to have our own spelling bees, but it's a win-win situation when ya home school. Haha!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up, Girlie! Love ya!
You are awesome! I love to hear all that you and your family is doing in Portugal! Keep up the great and awesome job at school!
ReplyDeleteBlessings & Aloha!